3 to 4 years ago I made a choice to let go of the guy I actually LOVE (I guess) because of some complication and until today I still wonder at times whether I had made the wrong decision. I must admit I still miss him but only as a friend because no matter how much we try to forget the past we'll come to realized that there's no way of forgetting it. The past will always be a part of who we are today. Years ago it was really a Valentines Day that I would always remember. It was by far the sweetest and most memorable day of my life spending with him. Let me take you back…
I was only 16 back then was still in high-school so obviously I was in school that day. on Valentines Day every year, every school clubs would organize some VD dedication, gifts, songs, flowers, card and etc. and so happen one of my friend was in charge of a club and she told me that my boyfriend (back then) bought one rose for some girl who was actually his ex girlfriend. and being me (a girl) of course I was jealous so I asked her whether did he buy me any roses and she said no and LOL I think u can imagine the look on my face that time..
Okay I was a little upset that time but it didn't stop me from enjoying my day so I acted like I didn’t know anything. Then after recess that day, one of my friend came rushing into my class and told me that she saw a big bouquet of flowers and it had my name on it. I chose not to believe her because I was still upset about the flower thingy my friend told me about. All of a sudden the representative from that club came in and walked right up to me to and asked me if I was Regina so I said yeah. Then she handed me the bouquet of roses they were pink and red roses it was not quite what I had in mind but who cares I felt like I was floating in the air that I had to hold on to something to stay on the ground.
Just when I was in cloud 9 he came to my class and asked me if I liked the flowers then I thank him and he left. Soon my teacher came in so I had too put my flowers a side and study but as soon as the teacher started teaching, representative from every club kept on coming in one after another and guess what every time they enter I got something. Some were from my friends but most of it was from Him so for someone as suspicious as my favorite English teacher she finally stopped teaching and asked me how many boyfriends do I have and all I did was smile and the whole class burst into laughter because they all knew who he was.
After school I was holding a whole bag of gifts and as usual after school he would walked me home everyday after school. On the way home he opened his bag and took a box out and gave it to me. And it was a ring in it so I was practically speechless and stunned I didn’t know what to say... I stood there a while then it hit me that I was supposed to thank him so I did. Okay back to a few days before Valentines Day I already knew he was getting me something because my friend actually saw him in a jewelry shop a few weeks ago but well I had to act as if I was surprise that time but I was quite shocked that he actually bought me a white gold ring la....
The break up really changes my point of view on what LOVE is all about. It is not only about receiving but giving as well and sometimes the best way to love someone is to set them free and let them go. Although it hurts a lot but letting them go for what is best for them in the future is forever worthwhile. Loving takes pride, letting go takes courage..
Royal Out :)
No comments:
Post a Comment