Thursday, March 6, 2008

Who Am I?????

Who Am I? Have you ever asked yourself this question before? I know it sounds rather weird to ask yourself such a thing but I do at times and I would often struggle to find an answer. I guess the only reason why I would ask myself this is because we go through changes everyday of our life. Even one minor decision that we make it may be the biggest change in our lives. We will always be changing to become someone new. We might be what we are now for the next couple of years but we'll never remain the same. Things would eventually change whether we like it or not. We will never be what we are yesterday or the day after before. We are not who we will be tomorrow or the day after but between the past and the future are NOW. And Now is who we are- the “I am” we can declare ourselves to be right now. But then again how can I describe myself? I experience the world and my place in it through all of my senses. I see, hear, feel, touch, smell, and taste something every day. I have hope and desires, worries and certainties. How can I put all that together and say 'I am this' or 'I am that?

No comments: